Here we can see “Windows 8 Stuck on Failure Configuring Windows Updates”
Many Windows 8 computers worldwide, downloading and installing updates mostly results in the method failing. Therefore, the user getting a mistake message stating, “Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. don’t close up your computer” upon reboot.
Fortunately, this is often not a problem that has no solution whatsoever. It can indeed be fixed, allowing the Windows updates that did not be downloaded and installed successfully. However, before you apply an answer for this problem to your computer, you got to get your computer out of the “Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. don’t close up your computer” screen loop. To do so, you’ll need to perform a factory reset on your computer.
Once you’ve got your computer to start working again, you’ll use any of the following methods to repair the “failure configuring Windows updates” issue.
Method 1: Restart Windows and install Windows updates during a clean boot state
To perform a clean boot in Windows,
- It would help if you went online to the pc as an administrator to perform a clean boot.
- Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality once you perform a clean boot. Once you start the pc normally, the functionality returns. However, you’ll receive the first error message or experience the first behavior if the matter still exists.
- If the pc is connected to a network, network policy settings may prevent you from following these steps. We strongly recommend that you don’t use the System Configuration utility to vary the advanced boot options on the pc unless a Microsoft support engineer directs you to try to to this. Doing this might make the pc unusable.
After you’ve done the clean boot, install Windows Updates consistent with your OS, i.e., Windows 8.
- Open Windows Update by swiping in from the proper fringe of the screen (or, if you’re employing a mouse, by pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen and moving the mouse pointer up), then selecting Settings > Change PC settings.
- Select Update and recovery > Windows Update.
- Try to install Windows Updates again.
Method 2: Run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
- Download and open the Windows Update troubleshooter by swiping in from the proper fringe of the screen, tapping Search (or if you’re employing a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, then clicking Search).
- Type Troubleshooting, tap or click on Settings, then tap or click Troubleshooting.
- Under System and Security, tap or click Fix Problems with Windows Update, then select Next.
Method 3: Perform a system restore
When you start your computer using the Windows installation disc, you’ll perform system recovery options on startup. to try to to this, follow these steps:
- Insert the Windows 8 installation disc within the drive, then restart the pc.
- When you are prompted to start from the disc, press any key.
- Tap or click Repair your computer.
- Tap or click Troubleshoot, then tap or click Advanced options.
- Tap or click your version of Windows 8, tap or click System Restore, tap or click the restore point you would like, then tap or click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to perform the System Restore, and when prompted, restart your computer.
For information, please read our article on the way to restore data from a formatted Windows 8 disk drive.
Method 4: Unplug your removable media from the pc
- Check if any removable media isn’t far away from the pc, like removable disks (Blu-ray disks, DVDs, CDs), memory cards (CompactFlash card, Secure Digital card, Memory Stick), and USB flash drives.
- Unplug all the removable media
Note: These removable media may cause this issue during the restart of Windows.
All of the above-listed methods listed have worked for countless Windows 8 users who have had first-hand experience with the “failure configuring Windows updates” problem, which suggests that a minimum of one among these methods is sure to fix the difficulty for you.
- Stuck in this “Failure configuring Windows updates
Stuck in this "Failure configuring Windows updates Reverting changes" screen for an hour now. What do I do? from windows8
r/windows8 · Manually Power off the box. · Turn back on. · Go to services.msc · Stop Background Intelligence Transfer Service · Stop Windows Update Service · Go to C …
- Computer stuck on “Failure configuring Windows update
Computer stuck on "Failure configuring Windows update. Reverting changes. Do not turn off computer." Screen from techsupport
Computer stuck on “Failure configuring Windows update. Reverting changes. Do not turn off computer.” Screen. It’s been on this screen for about an hour.
- Windows 8 stuck in “failure configuring windows
Windows 8 stuck in "failure configuring windows features. reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer" from techsupport
I have a new Asus x511m laptop with windows 8 After running the 97 windows updates overnight I wake up to find my pc stuck on this screen for a …
- Constantly getting “Failure configuring windows updates
Constantly getting "Failure configuring windows updates reverting changes" from 24hoursupport
It takes me 30-45 minutes to turn my computer on, and its been doing this every day now for about a week. It will show the spinning balls …
- Stuck at “Failure Configuring Windows updates
Stuck at "Failure Configuring Windows updates, reverting changes." from techsupport
Hey guys, trying to update my dad’s friend’s POS Windows 8 laptop. It’s been stuck at this “Failure configuring Windows Updates” screen for the past …