Here we can see “SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting”
What is SmartScreen?
SmartScreen may be a security feature built into Windows 10, specifically the Windows Defender tool.
Each time an application is running, Windows 10 will check if it’s a “good” application against their catalog of applications.
It’s an accurate security measure and is particularly helpful at stopping malware spreading through email attachments – where some users don’t understand the difference between a legitimate document and an application.
- Microsoft Windows SmartScreen may flag newly uploaded files that haven’t built up an extended enough history.
- You can unblock the appliance by doing the following:
- First, right-click on the file and choose Properties.
- Under the general tab, select the Unblock checkbox next to the safety message: “This file came from another computer and could be blocked to assist protect this computer.”
- Click OK.
- Windows Defender SmartScreen won’t let me run
Windows protected your PC. Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk. More info.
- Can anyone confirm this isn’t a virus?: WindowsMR – Reddit
Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting. Running This app might put your pc at risk.” Is it safe to run?
- Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized
Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from starting… u/zeeshanmehdi – Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app from …
- Windows Smartscreen prevented an unrecognized app from
I cannot update klite codec pack on Windows 10, every time I try to run the installer I always get a “Windows Smartscreen prevented an …
- Windows defender smartscreen not allowing
it up a pop up appears stating “Microsoft Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognised app from starting. Running this app might put your PC at risk.