Here we can see “Repair Install Windows 10”
If you run into issues on your Windows 10, whatever problems there, no matter the difficulty, Windows 10 allows you to try a repair install without booting directly from the installation media. A repair install will repair system files and install the newest windows updates. the method is quite simple. However, before you start, you’ll get to make sure that the following requirements are met.
Ensure that you’ve got a minimum of 9 GB of free space on your hard disc (Windows Drive).
Have the installation media-ready. You’ll do that using the USB or ISO file. However, these MUST be an equivalent build and edition because of the Windows 10 software that’s currently installed. Otherwise, the repair install won’t achieve success.
The installation media MUST even be within the same Language because Windows 10 is already installed. This is often important, especially for keeping files after the repair.
Use 32 bit or 64 bit for corresponding Windows 10 installations.
Repair install of Windows 10
There are three methods that you can choose to start the repair install.
Create a Windows 10 Installation Media
Option 1: Windows Repair Install Using the ISO file
NOTE: This method should ONLY be used if your Windows 10 was activated.
- Download the Windows 10 ISO file from here.
- Save it on your PC, preferably on your desktop initially.
- Now mount the ISO file click (here) to look at the steps.
- Now double click on the file setup.exe to kick starter the repair – install from the mounted drive.
Option 2: Windows Repair using USB Installation Media
This option are often administered by using the Windows Media Creation tool. First, ensure you have suitable internet connectivity, and also prepare an empty USB flash disk with a minimum of 4 GB for a 32-bit installation or 8GB for a 64-bit installation. If you employ a flash drive with data inside, you’ll break down within the process. Now read system requirements, and keep the Windows 10 product key near you (if Windows 10 were already activated before, you’d not need it).
- Go here to access the file for download. First, download the Media Creation Tool from here. Then, reserve it on the desktop.
- Once the download has been completed, right-click thereon and choose Run.
- If prompted by UAC, click ‘yes’.
- On the panel that appears, select the second option that reads “Create installation media for an additional PC”, then clicks NEXT.
- The next panel is for Language, architecture, and edition. Right under Architecture, uncheck the box for “use the recommended options for this PC”. This bit is vital because it’ll allow you to specify the Language, edition, and architecture of the current Windows installation.
In the boxes provided, choose the Language, edition and architecture. You’ll have both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows installations on an equivalent USB, or select the one you would like. Failure to supply a product key if prompted will allow you to only proceed with Home and Pro confine mind the initial version in your PC. Click Next.
The next panel offers two destination options for installing Windows 10; the USB or ISO file. Select the ‘USB flash drive’ option and proceed.
Plug the USB disk (either 4GB or 8GB counting on your preferred architecture), then click on the instruction ‘Refresh drive list. Your plugged USB will appear beneath. Could you select it and click on NEXT?
Windows 10 now takes over, and therefore the download begins. When the download completes, your USB is now fully set. Click FINISH.
Option 3: Windows 10 repair install using ‘Get Windows 10 (GWX)’ app
- Ensure that you’re connected to the web for this feature of a repair install.
- Connect to the web, then go here
- Scroll downwards and click on on the link “Upgrade Now”.
- A file with the prefix “GetWindows10… .exe” are going to be available for download. Reserve it on your computer. When completed, right-click thereon, then select run.
- UAC may prompt you; click on yes.
- Windows 10 download begins. When complete, run it.
Start Repair from the Installation Media
All the above three options for repair install will cause an equivalent installation process. Windows 10 takes over the installation and prepares itself for the subsequent step. After fetching the updates, the system will restart. This is often the last stage of Windows 10 repair.
- When the installation provides the License Terms, read them and ‘Accept’.
- Windows 10 will now check for updates and installs those available. When all is about, click ‘Install’.
Important note: If you would like to decide what remains within the system after the repair, click on “Change what to keep”. Select the choice out of the three that suits you best, then click ‘Next’. If the “Keep personal files and apps” option isn’t selected, you’ll lose all of your data.
- Windows 10 installation proceeds. It takes a touch of your time to finish.
- When all is about, click on ‘Next’.
- Depending on your preference, select “use express settings” or “Customize settings”. Under “customize settings”, you’ll enable or disable personalization and site settings. You’ll also enable or disable other aspects like error reporting or browser and protection.
- Click NEXT.
- Sign in to Windows 10.
- Ensure that you’ve got set the proper zone, time, and date.
- You have now successfully repaired Windows 10.
- Using Repair Upgrade / Repair Install: Windows10 – Reddit
Using Repair Upgrade / Repair Install. Help. Hi,. I’ve been using my computer for over 4 years with the same OS installed (windows 10).
- How do I re-install Windows 10, without losing my
First, you can always try and System Restore from before you ran those scripts. Second, you can follow this simple guide on how to perform a clean installation …
- Trying to repair install Win10 due to a few corruption
Following some advice I decided to try use the media creation tool try and reinstall windows as a means of repair first time it stuck on 81% I …
- “repair install” or “in place upgrade” is broken in 20H2
and the WinRE drive has become disabled. I had type reagentc /enable. for Reset My PC to work. I know it was enabled before I upgraded.
- Reinstalling Windows 10 while keeping all programs
Jeez – no need for a clean install. OP – just do a repair upgrade by downloading iso, mounting it as a drive and run setup.exe, selecting to keep everything ( …