Here we can see “Remove Send a Smile / Send a Frown from Internet Explorer 11”
Internet Explorer should be disabled. Then, using Group Policy, send a Feedback Smiley Button.
1. Go to the Local Group Policy Editor and open it.
2. Navigate to the location below in the left pane of the Local Group Policy Editor. (See the image below)
User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Windows Components/Internet Explorer/Browser menus
3. In the right pane of the Local Group Policy Editor’s Browser menus, double-click or tap the Help menu: Remove the ‘Send Feedback’ menu option policy to edit it. (as seen in the screenshot)
4. Click/tap OK, then select (dot) Enabled.
To apply, close and reopen Internet Explorer.
6. You can close the Local Group Policy Editor when you’re done if you want.
Internet Explorer should be disabled. Then, using a REG file, send a Feedback Smiley Button.
1. To open the RUN dialogue box, press the WIN+R keys together. Now, in RUN, type regedit and press Enter. It’ll bring up the Registry Editor.
2. After that, go to the following key:
3. Create a new key under Microsoft key and name it Internet Explorer.
4. Now, under the new Internet Explorer key, create a new key with Restrictions.
As a result, the final path would be as follows:
5. Now press the Restrictions key, and in the right-hand pane, create a new DWORD NoHelpItemSendFeedback and set its value to 1 to remove the Send a Smile button from the toolbar in Internet Explorer.
You should no longer see the Smiley in the toolbar if you use Internet Explorer.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
1. In Internet Explorer, what is the smiley face?
If you’re using Internet Explorer 11 in Windows 10, you may have noticed a smiley button on the browser’s toolbar. This button is used to provide feedback on the browsing experience to Microsoft. If you don’t use this button, you might want to turn it off.
2. In Word, what does it mean to send a smile?
Follow these steps to send Microsoft a compliment or a complaint: Open a Word or Excel document in Office 2016. Then, on the far right, click the smiley face icon. A feedback window for Microsoft Office appears. Type a message explaining your compliment or complaint in the top text box.
3. Why does my Chrome icon have a smiley face?
Users who open 100 or more browser tabs in Chrome’s normal mode are greeted with a smiley face. However, following a recent update, this smiley face appears as a winking face in Incognito mode. Unfortunately, Chrome’s new winking message is only visible on Android devices.
4. What does it mean to send a frown?
When the data is refreshed, I get a message box that says “Send a Frown” at random, irregular intervals. For example, it may work flawlessly five or six times before failing and displaying the “Send a frown” message.
5. In Internet Explorer 11, how do I get rid of the smile frown?
- Open the Editor for Local Group Policies.
- Navigate to the location below in the left pane of Local Group Policy Editor.
- Double-click/tap the Help menu: Remove the ‘Send Feedback’ menu option policy in the right pane of the Browser menus in Local Group Policy Editor to edit it.