Here we can see “Recover Missing or Lost Folders in Windows Live Mai”
One of the issues that users of the Windows Live Mail client sometimes encounter is lost folders. If you opened Windows Live Mail and will not find one or more folders, even though you didn’t delete them, this text is for you. Lost folders haven’t been deleted and are still stored on the computer’s disk drive, but the mail program doesn’t display them. Three methods for restoring such folders are described below.
Using the trick with switching to Compact View
Often exactly this method allows you to recover lost folders. the tactic is predicated on switching Windows Live Mail to Compact View mode. During this mode, the user has the chance to pick folders for display, and you’ll choose between all existing folders, including people who were lost. After you decide on the folder that you lost to display in Compact View, this folder will be again connected to the folder tree.
To do this:
- Open Windows Live Mail. Click on the View tab and click on on the Compact View button. The folders panel on the left side of the program windows will be collapsed into a narrow vertical column containing a group of icons.
- Click on the green icon with the image of the sign.
- In the list of folders that appears, select the folders that you lost and click on OK.
- Click the Compact View button again to exit this mode. Within the newly appeared left panel, you ought to see all the missing folders.
Recovery of lost folders by importing them from the Windows directory during which messages are stored
Since the lost email folder wasn’t deleted and, therefore, the messages are still stored on the local disk drive, you’ll restore it by importing messages from the Windows directory containing the folder files.
To do this:
1. Open My Computer and attend the folder
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
2. Find the folder with the email account, the folders from which you would like to revive, and replica it to a secure place, like an external disk drive or flash drive.
3. Open Windows Live Mail and click on File -> Import messages.
4. In the Windows Live Mail Import window, select Windows Live Mail and click on Next.
5. Select the folder into which you copied the messages in step 2 and click on Next.
6. Click Selected folders, select the folder you would like to revive and click on Next.
7. Click Finish.
The folder that you restored will appear within the folder pane, under Imported Folder. You’ll drag it with the mouse into the acceptable account.
All-in-one solution. the way to recover lost folders and deleted messages
Another way to recover folders and messages is to use the Recovery Tool for Windows Live Mail. Follow these steps:
- Install and run Recovery Tool for Windows Live Mail.
- Click on the Find and recover lost emails button.
The program scans the Windows Live Mail message store and displays an inventory of found folders.
If you see a lost folder, then:
- On the folders pane on the left, check the box next to the lost folder you want to recover and click on the Save recovered emails button.
- In the Select Output Folder window that opens, select the directory you would like to save lots of the info and click on Save.
- Open Windows Live Mail and make a replacement folder rather than the lost one. Open My Computer and attend the directory where you saved the messages from the lost folder. Press Ctrl + A to pick all the messages within the directory. Use the mouse to tug messages from the Windows directory to the Windows Live Mail folder.
- Hotmail has deleted 15 years of emails! Is there any
I’ve had the same Hotmail account since the late 90s, but used it less and … from a new ‘Getting started with Hotmail’ message) and my folders deleted.
- Missing Personal Folders in Outlook: windows – Reddit
Hi Guys I use Outlook 2013 on a Windows 10 laptop. … When I did that, all my emails, including the folders I had created, disappeared.
- Recovering Windows Mail email data from hard drive
My aunt’s computer took a dump to the point where no recovery options seem to … 2) All email messages are stored locally on a mail folder in the hidden …
- Windows File Recovery: Now Microsoft offers a tool to
This app let you to recover lost files that have been deleted from your local storage device (including internal …
- [open] How to recover “hard” deleted emails from Hotmail
Go to your Deleted folder (found on the left pane under Folders). Look for “Lost a message?”, and click “recover deleted messages”.