Here we can see “PUA_BROWSEFOX flagged as a Spyware”
Several Windows users have complained of their respective antivirus programs detecting, flagging, and blocking a spyware file named “PUA_BROWSEFOX” immediately after they downloaded a replica of the Windows 10 ISO file to their computer. The Windows 10 ISO file is essentially the setup for Windows 10 – the medium which will be wont to install Windows 10 on any computer.
The PUA_BROWSEFOX file is that the farthest thing from a neighborhood of the quality Windows 10 ISO file because it could be. This file is, in fact, a known virus – a sort of spyware. Since quite a few users have complained of this issue, the PUA_BROWSEFOX file exposure right after a Windows 10 ISO file download can’t be ruled out as a coincidence. The explanation for this problem can either be a corrupted or damaged system file, an actual viral infection, or an anomaly with the Windows 10 ISO file download. Thankfully, if you’re facing this problem, the subsequent are a number of the foremost effective methods that you can use to undertake and fix it:
Method 1: Perform an SFC Scan
An SFC scan will check for any damaged or corrupted system files and repair any that are found.
- Right-click on the beginning Menu button to open the WinX Menu.
- In the WinX Menu, click on prompt (Admin) to open an elevated prompt.
- Type sfc /scannow into the prompt and press the Enter
- Wait for the SFC scan to be completed. This might take a while.
- Once the SFC scan has been completed, the names of any and every one corrupted or damaged system files are going to be displayed, and you’ll be told that they need to be fixed.
Method 2: Run a full system scan for viruses with the Microsoft Safety Scanner
The Microsoft Safety Scanner may be a tool designed specifically to scan systems for any safety breaches and virus infections and eliminate any threats that are found.
- Download the Microsoft Safety Scanner from here.
- Open the Microsoft Safety Scanner.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to scan your entire computer for viruses and threats.
- If any viruses, malware, or spyware are found, eliminate them with the assistance of the Microsoft Safety Scanner.
Method 3: Delete then re-download the Windows 10 ISO file
If none of the methods above seem to figure for you, the sole option you’ve got left is to delete all traces of the Windows 10 ISO file from your computer, thus getting obviate the PUA_BROWSEFOX file, then re-download it through the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. A fresh re-download of the ISO file has significant chances of not bringing the PUA_BROWSEFOX spyware file.
- Navigate to the Windows 10 ISO file on your computer, right-click thereon and click on Delete.
- Empty the Recycle Bin to form sure that each trace of the Windows 10 ISO file are eliminated.
- Download the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool from here.
- Run the Media Creation Tool.
- Click on Create installation media for an additional PC.
- Select the language, edition, and CPU architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) that you desire.
- Choose to save the media to an ISO file.
- Download the ISO file to your computer. Hopefully, at this point, it’ll not bring the PUA_BROWSEFOX spyware file with it.
- PUA.BrowseFox Malware Detected in Ver. 3.1.6388 – False
52 security vendors flagged this file as malicious … PUA_BROWSEFOX.SME1. TrendMicro-HouseCall. PUA_BROWSEFOX.SME1.
- WP Cyber Threats To The Mining Industry | Cyberwarfare
PUA_BROWSEFOX 6.0% TROJ_GEN.R03EC0ODB15 3.0%. 20K CRCK_KEYGEN 5.3% PE_SALITY. … Friendly Windows XP leak thread _wxp_ – Technology – 4chan. Uploaded by.
- Cyber Threats to the Mining Industry – Trend Micro
by N Huq · Cited by 3 — to our discussion to highlight the fact that third-party vendors and contractors play a major role in daily … PUA_BROWSEFOX. CRCK_KEYGEN. MAL_OTORUN1.