Here we can see “Play Multimedia CD’s on Windows 10”
- To begin, go to the VideoLAN VLC Media Player website and download and install the software.
- Insert a DVD into VLC Media Player, and it should automatically startup.
- If you don’t see the play button, go to Media > Open Disc > DVD.
- You’ll find a variety of controls for controlling playback.
You can play audio CDs, data CDs, and DVDs containing music or video files with Windows Media Player (also known as media CDs). Video CDs (VCDs), similar to DVDs but with lower video quality, can also be played.
You can play a DVD-Video disc with Windows Media Player if your computer has a DVD drive and a compatible DVD decoder. This is the type of DVD that movies are distributed on. If you get an error message that says you don’t have a DVD decoder, go to Web Help in the error message dialogue box to find out how to get one.
I hope you found this information helpful. Please fill out the form below if you have any questions or comments.
1. On Windows 10, how can I play a video CD?
Put the disc in the drive that you want to watch. The disc will usually begin to play on its own. If it doesn’t play, or if you want to play a disc that’s already in the player, open Windows Media Player and then selects the disc name in the navigation pane of the Player Library.
2. What should I do to make Windows Media Player recognize a CD?
To use Windows Media Player, go to “Start” and then “Windows Media Player.” In the CD drive, place the CD. To add songs to the “Now Playing” playlist, drag and drop the tracks from the CD into Windows Media Player’s right panel. The first track is about to start playing.
3. On Windows 10, how do I play media files?
Windows 10 includes the Windows Media Player. To find WMP, go to Start and type: media player, then select it from the top of the results list. You can also use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + R or right-click the Start button to bring up the hidden quick access menu and choose Run.
4. Why is it that I can’t play DVDs on Windows 10?
In Windows 10, Microsoft has removed the built-in support for playing video DVDs. As a result, we recommend that you use the VLC player, a free third-party player that includes DVD support. First, open the VLC media player, then go to Media > Open Disc. You can now watch the video on your DVD player.
5. Is there a built-in DVD player in Windows 10?
The Windows DVD Player allows DVD movies to be played on Windows 10 PCs with an optical disc drive (but not Blu-ray discs). It’s available for purchase in the Microsoft Store. See the Windows DVD Player Q&A for more information.