Here we can see “Music Stops Playing When Screen Turns Off On Surface”
One flaw that every single generation of the Microsoft Surface tablet has had and continues to possess, a flaw that Surface users have constantly complained about, is that the indisputable fact that the tablet pauses the playback of any media (music or video) when the screen turns off after being idle or when the user presses the facility button and turns its separate off, which puts it into sleep mode, pausing the media and other activities. Meaning, the activities will resume when it’s out of sleep.
Microsoft has not addressed this pressing issue ever since the primary Microsoft Surface tablet was placed on store shelves, but this problem can, fortunately, be fixed on the user’s end. If you would like to form sure that your Surface doesn’t stop playing music (or video) when its screen turns off, the subsequent are the two best methods that you can use to try to to so:
Method 1: Turn fall asleep
Since music playback stops when the Surface goes to sleep, turning to fall asleep entirely and making it so that the tablet doesn’t attend sleep, in any case, will certainly solve the matter for you. to show sleep off:
- Press the Windows logo key + X to mention the Contextual menu. Then, within the computer user menu, tap on Power Options.
- Tap on the Change plan settings option located to the proper facility plan your Surface is using.
- Open both the sink menus ahead of the Put the pc to sleep feature (for On battery and Plugged in, respectively, and set both to Never.
- The steps listed above will make it, so your Surface never goes to sleep, and therefore the following steps will make it. Therefore, the screen of your Surface turns off, but the device doesn’t sleep after a particular amount of your time to not compromise your device’s battery life:
- Next, repeat steps 1-3 from above.
- Tap on Change advanced power settings. Expand the Display section within the Power Options
- Set the screen close up to the well-liked amount (the recommended amount of your time is 1 minute).
So the next time you would like to form sure that the Surface doesn’t stop playing your music when its screen turns off, await the quantity of time you’ve got set for its screen to show off rather than hitting the tablet’s Power button. Because of the steps listed above, doing so will cause the Surface’s screen to show off, but the tablet won’t enter Sleep mode.
Method 2: Lock your tablet rather than putting it to sleep
Locking your Microsoft Surface is a superb alternative to putting it to sleep. While music and video playback are programmed to prevent when a Surface goes to sleep, they’re not programmed to travel to sleep when the tablet is locked. To lock your Microsoft Surface, you would like to:
- Open the beginning Menu.
- Tap on your account picture within the top left corner of the beginning Menu.
- Select Lock.
- Music stops playing when display turns off: Surface
Is this supposed to happen? I use spotify and when the display turns off, the music stops as well.
- Music Stops when sleeping: Surface – Reddit
I can’t figure out why iTunes stops playing when my surface pro 4 sleeps. … As others have said there is a big difference between the display going off …
- Surface – Music stops playing when screen is off, what
When I have music playing and the Surface Pro 4 screen turns off after a while of no activity, the music also stops playing. Now on a Mac the music will …
- PSA: Spotify now supports playing Music while the screen is
It should either work in sleep or not, so either the Surface is taking 20sec to go to sleep (after screen turns off) OR the network …
- Surface Quick Tip: How to Turn Screen Off While Playing Music
i have the power button turn off the screen when pressed and hibernate after 3-5 minutes, it resumes quickly and is decent battery wise.