Here we can see “Microphone Not Working After Windows 10 Upgrade”
Fix: Microphone not working after Windows 10 update
Check Microphone’s driver
First of all, confirm your Microphone is well connected to your PC. Then, check if your PC detects the Microphone correctly by getting to the Sound setting from the taskbar.
Right-click the speaker icon from the taskbar, then select Sound.
Go to the Recording tab. Check if your Microphone is on the list. If it is, right-click it and click on Enable (if it wasn’t already enabled). Next, click on the Microphone again, then click on Set Default. This could fix the matter.
Also, confirm your Microphone isn’t muted by selecting the Microphone from the list, then click on Properties. Attend Levels tab. Set the quantity to A level it are often heard and confirm the mute button isn’t on.
If your Microphone doesn’t show abreast of the list, you’ll get to reinstall its driver. If you’ve got a CD driver for your Microphone, insert it and install the driving force from the CD. If you don’t have any physical driver installation disc for your Microphone, do the subsequent.
- Go to Windows Search.
- Search for Device Manager and open it.
- Expand Audio inputs and outputs.
- Right-click your Microphone and choose Update driver
- Select Search automatically for an updated driver.
When the driving force installation is completed, restart your computer. Then, attempt to use your Mic again and see if it works.
Check app’s permission to repair Microphone not working after Windows 10 update.
If you’re sure it’s not a hardware problem, you’ll want to see the app’s permission for using your Microphone via Windows 10 privacy settings. This is often also one of the reasons why the Microphone is not working immediately after the recent Windows 10 update, which introduces new settings in Windows privacy. Follow the steps to see if the app, like Skype, has permission to use your Microphone.
- Go to the start menu and click on Settings. Optionally, you’ll press Windows + I keys to open Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- From the left pane, select Microphone.
- Make sure the Allow apps to access your microphone option is enabled.
- From the list of app, find the app on which you would like to use your Microphone, and confirm it’s turned on so that it can use your Microphone.
Your app won’t have the permission to use your Microphone by default, especially after the Windows 10 update, which tousled these settings for a few users. So you’ll need to activate the app permission to use your Microphone manually.
- Microphone not working after most recent update
Try going to the Settings app and then type in Troubleshoot. Use the Speech troubleshooter in the lower part of the screen and let Windows figure it out. If it …
- Wondering why your mic is not working after windows 10 1803
Wondering why your mic is not working after windows 10 1803 update? Read this. Tip. Go to settings. Type Microphone on the search bar.
- Windows 10 Microphone not working: techsupport – Reddit
I just upgraded our family’s Dell Inspiron 5348 with Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 Home this morning, only to discover the microphone doesn’t appear to …
- Windows 10 won’t detect a microphone after latest updates
Had to downgrade drivers to see my internal mic again. Privacy settings are fine. Audio is fine. Just no audio being picked up by my internal microphone.
- Mic not working since windows 10 update: Windows10 – Reddit
Anyone know a fix? I’ve tried 2 different mics and neither work. I’ve already looked to see if they got muted and played around with the volume …