Here we can see “Installing Microsoft Office on a Different Drive”
Step 1: To begin, open EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
- EaseUS Todo PCTrans can be downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Go to “App Migration” > “Start” in EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
Step 2: Go to the target drive and select Microsoft Office.
- Examine the application on the drive where you installed Microsoft Office.
- Choose the drive to which you want to transfer the application by clicking the “triangle icon.”
- To begin moving Microsoft Office to another drive on your computer, click “Transfer.”
Step 3: Wait for the procedure to complete.
- The amount of time spent is determined by the size of the application(s) you are attempting to complete. As a result, wait patiently for the process to finish.
- Click “OK” when it’s finished.
Move Office 365 to a Different Drive the Old-Fashioned Way
To install Office on a different drive, change the install directory.
- To open the RUN window, press Windows + R and type regedit.
- Go to the Registry Editor and open it.
- Stick to the path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
- Change the Value data to the new location after finding “ProgramFilesDir.”
How Can I Move Microsoft Office 2016 to a Different Computer?
- Open EaseUS Todo PCTrans and choose the appropriate transfer mode.
- Connect the source and target computers.
- Select the Office you want to transfer to.
- Install Microsoft Office on a different computer.
After the transfer, deactivate the Office on the old computer (you may need to uninstall), then reactivate the MS office with the key on the new computer.
If you forget your product key and don’t know where to look for it, you can export it with EaseUS Todo PCTrans “Product Key” feature.
I hope you found this helpful guide. If you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the form below.
1. How do I change the location where Microsoft Office is installed?
Do the following right after you reinstall Windows: A drop-down box appears under each new content type under Settings > Storage > Change Where New Content is Saved. Point them all to your HDD. It might or might not redirect your new Office 365 installation (I hope you saved that product key!).
2. Is it possible to move Microsoft Office from the C drive to the D drive?
Yep. Because Office 2019 is installed using click-to-run technology, there is no way to move it to D drive.
3. What is the procedure for installing Office 2016 on the D drive?
Microsoft’s 2016 installation process has been “improved” by removing the option to specify where it should be installed. However, the documents will default to D: if you don’t install to D. After that, normally install (in each of the applications). Go to the File menu, then to the Options command, then to the Save option.
4. Is it possible to install Microsoft Office on a D drive?
No, office 365 cannot be installed on any other drive; it must be installed on the system drive to function properly.
5. In Office 365, how do I change the default save location?
- Click Options in the Office application where you want to change the default save location.
- Toggle to the Save tab.
- To save your changes, click the OK button after you’ve selected your new default save location.