Here we can see “How to use Whatsapp on Chromebook”
Chrome OS, during its initial phase, didn’t feature the support for Google Play Store. However, with the Chrome OS 53 and later, most of the Chromebooks released since 2017 can run Android apps because of the native Google Play Store support.
WhatsApp may be freeware, cross-platform app currently being owned by Facebook. Unarguably the foremost widely used instant messenger app by businesses and commons. Unfortunately, Whatsapp isn’t directly available for the Chrome OS platform. However, on the Google Play Store-supported Chromebooks, we will install and use Whatsapp.
How to use Whatsapp in Chromebooks
We have written all the methods through which you’ll use Whatsapp on your Chromebook.
For Chromebooks since 2017
Setting up WhatsApp on Chromebooks released since 2017 is far easier. You’ll download and use other Android apps on your Chromebook using the Google Play Store app. Currently, the Google Play Store is merely available for a few Chromebooks. So, do check whether your Chromebook is listed here or not. And, If your Chromebook features a Google Play Store, then follow the steps below.
- Open your Chromebook
- In the corner of your screen, select the Launcher
- Select the Up arrow
- Open the Google Play Store
- Select an app or look for Whatsapp.
- Click Install
- Once the installation completes, open Whatsapp.
- Input your Whatsapp number and receive the verification code.
- Type during a user name for other users to spot who this person is.
- Wait for the setup to finish.
- The user will be ready to use WhatsApp an equivalent way it’s getting used on a mobile. The user can send and receive text and multimedia messages, make and receive voice and video calls.
Chromebooks without Google Play Store
If your Chromebook doesn’t feature Google Play Store, follow the below steps to install it.
Step1: Get the Google Play Store app
1. Update your Chromebook software
To get Android apps on your Chromebook, confirm your Chrome OS version is up-to-date.
2. Sign in to the Google Play Store
- At rock bottom right, select the time.
- Select Settings within the “Google Play Store” section, next to “Install apps and games from Google Play on your Chromebook,” select activate.
- Note: If you don’t see this feature, your Chromebook doesn’t work with Android apps.
- In the window that appears, select More.
- You’ll be prompted to comply with the Terms of Service. When you’ve read and agreed, select I Agree.
Step 2: Get Android apps.
Now, you’ll find and download Android apps on your Chromebook. Look for Whatsapp or the other Android app you’d wish to install.
Your Chromebook won’t automatically download equivalent Android apps as your phone or tablet, so you’ll get to download them again. Also, some apps don’t work with some Chromebooks, so you won’t be ready to download them.
Note: The Google Play Store and any downloaded Android apps are only available for the account that signed in first. To use them with a special account, sign out of all of your accounts and check-in with the account you would like to use.
An important thing to notice here is that the user won’t use an equivalent account on two devices simultaneously. So just in case if the user plans to use an equivalent account during a mobile, it’ll be far away from WhatsApp installed within the Chromebook. If users want to use an equivalent account on two devices simultaneously, they should choose WhatsApp web, as discussed below.
For Chromebooks before 2017
If the user possesses an older generation Chromebook or uses WhatsApp on two devices simultaneously, follow these steps.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Go to https://web.whatsapp.com/
- Open WhatsApp on your Phone.
- Click on the three vertical dots on the highest right corner.
- Click on WhatsApp Web.
- Scan the QR code on the Chromebook screen using the mobile.
- The user should note that the mobile must remain connected to
- the internet for WhatsApp Web to figure.
- WhatsApp Web offers most features of WhatsApp Messenger except voice and video calls
I hope you’ve been successful in getting Whatsapp on your Chromebook. If any difficulty, do allow us to know down within the comments.
- Whatsapp on phone/chromebook and PC: chromeos – Reddit
Hi, is it possible to use whatsapp application on both chromebook and my phone? I had no problem using it on both my PC and phone but since i got …
- How to Install and Use WhatsApp on a Chromebook
340k members in the chromeos community. Discussions related to Chromebooks and everything else Chrome OS.
- You Can Now Use WhatsApp on Your PC in Google
339k members in the chromeos community. Discussions related to Chromebooks and everything else Chrome OS.
- WhatsApp on a Chromebook: chromeos – Reddit
Life is great except for Whatsapp, which I’m currently … … If you want whatsapp and linux I would suggest using chrome os with crostini.
- WhatsApp support?: chromeos – Reddit
WhatsApp requires a sim card to install, even if you could get it running in your Chromebook by sideloading, you wouldn’t be able to get your account logged …