Here we can see, “How to use Solarwinds Backup to backup your server?”
Rebuilding a database from scratch if your servers crash due to a hardware problem or other issue would be a nightmare. Not to mention the fact that downtime equals loss. Keeping an updated backup of your servers can spare you from this catastrophe. The anxiety of losing data will vanish when your servers are backed up. Backup by Solarwinds, an American firm specializing in network and system management technologies, allows you to preserve data locally and back up to the cloud. In this article, we will show you how to use the program to save a server backup.
Finding Solarwinds Backup Tool
You must first download the Backup utility from the SolarWinds website. Visit this link and fill out the form to start your free evaluation trial. You will receive an email with a link to the Solarwinds Backup dashboard. Open the link and register. After registering, you will be brought to the SolarWinds Backup dashboard, where you may backup your data.
Adding a Device
To add a device to the Backup Dashboard, use the ‘Add Wizard.’ Then you may backup your data. How to:
- Add a device from the Backup Dashboard.
- Select Servers or PCs.
- Select the Customer account, then the appropriate installation type for your OS. For this article, we’ll go with Regular.
- Enter a device name, select an OS, and click Next.
- Click on Email Instructions to send the instructions (containing your device name and password). Otherwise, write it down and go.
- Click here to download Backup Manager.
After installing Backup Manager on the system you want to Backup, you can begin backing up your data. How to:
- Once downloaded, run the Backup Manager.
- You will be sent to a web browser to schedule backups.
- Next, select your language.
- Now provide the device name and password and click Next.
- Then enter your encryption key security code. You can’t access your data if you lose this code.
- Set a time for the daily Backup.
- Enter an email address to get backup notifications and click Next.
- Watch for the backup service to start.
- After the service starts, a backup tab will appear. You can select all files and folders to Backup here.
- After selecting all data, click Run Backup. Wait for the Backup to finish.
Scheduling a Backup
Scheduling a Backup To do so, take these steps:
- Go to Preferences in Backup Manager.
- Open Schedule pane. You may save a schedule for automatic backups here.
- Give the schedule a name, pick a time for the Backup, and define the days.
- Remove the non-backup data source.
- For each data source type, you may pick which files and folders to back up on the Backup.
- Click Add Schedule to add another schedule.
With regular backups on your server, you may restore data at any moment. To recover data on another device, install Backup Manager on that device and then follow the steps below:
- Go to the Backup Manager’s Restore tab.
- Set the backup date and time. Choose the files and folders to restore.
- Then select ‘Restore to a new location.’ Click Browse to choose a destination for the data.
- Then click Restore.
- The restoring process begins. Could you wait for it to finish to get your info?
How do I backup SolarWinds?
Go to Tasks and click Back Up. BACK UP DATABASE BOX The database name is in the Database list box. You can choose another database from the list.
What is SolarWinds backup?
Cloud-based Backup for your virtual and physical servers with SolarWinds® Backup. Designed to save money and time while maintaining speed and reliability.
And where are they stored?
Backups of the Orion database and (optionally) the config archive are stored.
What is a backup server?
- Click the Devices tab on the Dashboard.
- Select your server in the List view.
- In the Tasks pane, select Set up server backup.
- Follow the wizard’s instructions.
What are backup servers?
A backup server is a type of server that allows data, files, programs, and databases to be backed up locally or remotely. Backup storage and retrieval services are provided to connected computers, servers, or other devices.