Here we can see, “How to Use a Web Help Desk to Provide Customer Support?”
Using Help Desk software is the safest approach to provide exceptional customer service. There were no automatic tools back then, so the tech personnel had to assist each customer directly, which took a lot of time. With automated tools, you may now address linked issues and deliver a solution. This automatically speeds things up and results in happy consumers. We will use the Web Help Desk software produced by SolarWinds Inc, an American network and system management firm.
Installing Web Help Desk
Installing Web Help Desk Go to this link and click ‘Download Free Trial’ to get the tool. After that, follow the steps below:
- Extract the .zip file and browse it.
- To use the Installation Wizard, run the.exe.
- After the Setup, click Next.
- Click Choose to choose where to install the software. Then click Next.
- Choose your product icons. Also, check the box here to create icons for All Users. Next.
- Afterward, click Install.
- Allow Web Help Desk to install.
- After the installation, it will automatically configure the Web Help Desk for your machine.
- After that, you’ll be taken to WHD’s web console.
- Select ‘Use Custom SQL database’ and fill in the fields if you already have a database. Then Next.
- The Email Accounts page adds a new email account (make sure it is not a personal email account). Then click Next.
- Now create an admin account. Next.
- On the Request Kind page, choose what types of requests customers can make. Click ‘Add Request Type’ to create your own.
- Select the request kinds and click Edit. You can also adjust the request type’s priority here.
- Then click Finish.
- Wait for the wizard to finish.
Web Help Desk Setup
Now that the Web Help Desk has been installed and configured on your system, it’s time to start configuring it. We’ll talk about client and tech accounts so you can start giving ticket help. If you accidentally close your web browser, you can access Web Help Desk by typing http://hostnameOrIPAddress:port.
Options for the Client
Once the Web Help Desk web interface has loaded, define client options. To do this, take these steps:
- Click Setup on the toolbar, then Clients > Options on the left.
- You can play with client options here.
- You can let customers create accounts, or only if their Email matches a domain, you accept.
- You can also email the client to confirm their account creation. Require email validation when the client creates an account.
- Client Permissions are also supplied below for editing.
Tech Account and Options
You can create tech accounts and grant them permissions. How to make a tech account:
- Setup on the toolbar creates a tech account.
- Then, on the left, click Techs, and then click Techs again from the drop-down menu.
- Select New.
- Now provide your First Name, Last Name, email address, and username.
- Select the account type from the drop-down option.
- The account can also have a Supervisor.
- Link the account to a client account to provide the tech access to the Web Help Desk.
- Specify Work Schedule to prevent Web Help Desk from sending tickets to the tech when he is not scheduled to work.
- When finished, click Save.
- To edit tech permissions, click on Tech Permissions and edit as needed.
Creating Tech Groups
Then allocate various accounts to different tech groups. To do so, take these steps:
- On the toolbar, select Setup, then Techs > Tech Groups.
- To edit an existing tech group, click on it.
- Click on New to create a new tech group.
- Specify the Group Manager’s name.
- Allowing the Location Group Manager to take precedence over the ticket’s location is optional.
Creating Request Types
How to make a request type:
- From the toolbar, select Tickets > Request Types.
- Select New.
- Name the Request Type, choose the Parent Type, and select the Tech Group that should handle it.
- You can also set the request’s priority.
- When finished, click Save.
Ticket Options Defined
Lastly, you can define ticket choices. These are the default ticket settings. Follow these steps to review ticket options:
- Click Setup in the toolbar, then Tickets > Options on the left.
- Examine all ticket options and make changes as needed. After that, click Save.
What is help desk support?
Companies provide Help Desk Outsourcing services to help clients solve issues or find solutions. Businesses employ outsourced IT help desk services to provide 24/7 customer service.
It improves consumer satisfaction.
After all, the customer and the IT help desk are on the same team trying to resolve the issue. Respect your customers. Help them address their problems. Answer their questions quickly.
What is a service desk’s role?
Is It Necessary to Use A service desk is an IT function that manages tickets, issues, and service requests. IT service management (ITSM) tools help service desk professionals execute their jobs.
What constitutes an excellent help desk?
Make sure your customer communication is straightforward, reassuring, factual, and practical. Be explicit and let them know how and when they can expect a resolution, e.g., “an engineer will be with you by 12 pm.”
What is a support desk?
A Help Desk is designed to keep things operating smoothly by allowing contact between support workers and end-users.