Here we can see, “How to Run .MSC Files as an Administrator”
When right-clicking the a.msi File in Windows Server 2012, the “Run as administrator” option is no longer available. However, when installing specific applications on your Windows Server, this may be a required step. Some possibilities for running the a.msi File as an administrator are listed below.
- Open a Command Prompt with elevated privileges. To do so, type “CMD” into the Start menu or Start screen search box, then press the Ctrl+Shift+Enter keys simultaneously.
- You can also select “Command Prompt (Admin)” by right-clicking the Start icon in the bottom left corner.
- When the UAC prompt appears, select Yes.
- Navigate to the directory where the install file is located in the Command Prompt and run the install file.
1. Activate the Registry Editor
2. “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell” is the Registry key to look for.
If you don’t have such a Registry key, make one.
3. Make a new subkey called “runas” here. “HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell\runas” will appear.
4. Make a new subkey called “command” under the runas subkey.
5. Set the command subkey’s default parameter to the following text: “C:\Windows\System32\msiexec.exe /a \”%1\” %*”
6. Your registry should now look something like this:
You can now test this by right-clicking on any.msi File and selecting “Run as administrator.”
I hope you found this helpful guide. If you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the form below.
1. What is the best way to run a downloaded file as an administrator?
- Go to the programme folder of the programme you’d like to run.
- Right-click the program’s icon to open it in a new window (the .exe File).
- Select your desired properties.
- Select the Run This Program As An Administrator option on the Compatibility tab.
- Click the OK button.
- Accept the User Account Control prompt if it appears.
2. What is the procedure for running system32 as an administrator?
Right-click the programme and select Properties from the menu that appears. Check the box next to Run as administrator in the Advanced Properties window and click OK. In administrator mode, the programme will now run. First, take ownership of cmd.exe by going to C:WINDOWSsystem32 and right-clicking it.
3. As an administrator, how do I use administrative tools?
Choose “Run As Administrator” from the context menu when you right-click “Computer Management.” If you use a standard Windows account, you’ll be prompted to allow Windows to run Computer Management as an administrator. To open the console, select “Yes.”
4. What is the best way to run Windows 10 as an administrator?
To run a Windows 10 app as an administrator, go to the Start menu and search for the app in the list. Next, select “More” from the menu that appears after right-clicking the app’s icon. Next, select “Run as administrator” from the “More” menu.
5. How do I start the file explorer as an administrator?
From the Task Manager, you can also run File Explorer as an administrator. Go to File>Run New Task in the Task Manager to start a new task. Enter explorer.exe in the Create new task box and select the ‘Create this task with administrative privileges’ option. When you click OK, a new File Explorer window with admin rights will open.