Here we can see, “How to Resolve “Firefox is not responding” in Windows 10″
- Errors in the browser files may cause Firefox not to react.
- The simplest solution is to switch to a more stable browser.
- To fix Firefox freezing, use our third-party applications listed below.
- Our way of restarting your browser and PC removes the error notice.
Comment remédier aux erreurs de Firefox non-res
1. Use another browser
If Firefox is unresponsive or locks up, your only choice is to try another browser. Maybe you’ll stick to it.
Our advice is to use a browser that has minimal loading and updating concerns. In this case, we recommend Opera.
- Opera is straightforward to download and set up.
- As you become used to the interface, you’ll be impressed at the number of features and how easy it is to switch between tabs, workplaces, and social network chat apps.
- The utility is available for PC, mobile (even older phones), Mac, and Linux. You can also synchronize the Opera browser across all your devices to manage settings effortlessly.
- Starting with the basic version, you can customize the browser with icons, sidebars, workspaces, and bookmarks for easier access and efficiency.
- With the built-in VPN, you have the ultimate browser.
2. Initiate a restart
If Firefox doesn’t react, something has interrupted its processes. And a reset may be the best way to restart everything.
Close Firefox (through Task Manager if the old method doesn’t work) and restart Windows 10.
If everything still doesn’t work, move on to the next troubleshooting solution.
3. Update the video card drivers
- Tap the Search icon.
- Type Device Manager and click the presented entry.
- Expand Display adapters in Device Manager.
- On each entry, pick Update Driver Software.
- Restart Firefox and test it now.
4. Automatic driver updates
Updating drivers is a necessary but laborious task. We recommend DriverFix, which can fix it for you in a few clicks.
Avoid permanent PC harm by downloading and installing the erroneous driver versions using this program.
DriverFix is semi-auto. With a few mouse clicks, the software will automatically scan your computer’s components and software. It will then give you a list of all updated drivers.
Then, by clicking on the desired driver, you may install it. The program will update them for you, so you don’t have to. Get DriverFix to update drivers quickly.
5. Disable Firefox hardware acceleration
- Click the Menu symbol in Firefox’s top-right corner.
- Select Options from the list.
- Find the Performance entry in the General panel.
- Uncheck the option to utilize recommended performance settings.
- Then uncheck the used hardware acceleration option.
- Close Firefox and restart your browser.
- Hardware acceleration is a graphics card functionality. Using hardware acceleration can cause Firefox to freeze in some cases.
6. Restart Firefox
- First, go to the Firefox website and download the latest Windows 10 installer file.
- Don’t remove Firefox or anything else.
- Rename the program folder in the Firefox installation folder as shown below:
C:Program Files (x86)Mozilla Firefox C:Program Files (x86)Fx3805
5. To install Firefox, run the downloaded executable file.
6. Finally, open Firefox and see whether it helped.
7. Create a fresh places database
- Select Help from the Firefox Menu icon (question mark button).
- Go to Troubleshooting and click on Open Folder under Application Basics.
- Reopen the Menu list and select the Power-off icon.
- Firefox will now be closed.
- Now go to the Firefox folder and change the files: places.sqlite -> places.sqlite.old.
- And places.sqlite-journal.old.
- Reopen Firefox.
A new places database may help fix the Firefox not responding issue — interrupted downloads from Firefox can corrupt the app database places.
This will remove your web browsing history and favorites.
8. Delete Session Restore
- Go to Help (?) by clicking the Menu icon.
- Application Basics – Open Folder
- Click the Menu button again and select Exit.
- Delete sessionstore.js from your profile folder.
- Remove any linked files like sessionstore-1.js.
9. Reset Firefox
- Click the Menu symbol in Firefox.
- Choose Help (?) from the list.
- Select Troubleshooting.
- Find and select Refresh Firefox.
- Reset the device and then reopen the web browser.
These are the most straightforward fixes for Firefox. If the web browser in Windows 10 is still not responding, please elaborate – when did the issues start, what occurred when you tried to fix them?
Based on your information, we will endeavor to help you as quickly as possible. Please get in touch with us using the form below.
How to unfreeze Firefox?
- Stop hardware acceleration.
- Clear Firefox’s history.
- Updating to the latest.
- Stop adding.
- Aktuelle Grafik-Drivers
- New locations database.
- Delete Session Restore files.
- Fix faulty system files.
Why won’t Firefox open?
A corrupted add-on may prevent Firefox from opening in Safe Mode. If Firefox doesn’t open, uninstall and reinstall Firefox, and if that doesn’t work, remove your user preference files.
What to do when your browser is slow?
- Open and close other tabs.
- Chrome restart
- Restart your PC.
- Virus scan
- Try it in another browser.
- Report network issues and website troubles.
- Rectify errantly (Windows computers only)
- Verify Chrome is already open.
How to Refresh Firefox?
- Activate Firefox on Mac or PC.
- Visit the Firefox help webpage.
- Click “Refresh Firefox.”
- Then select “Refresh Firefox” again.
Why does my internet constantly freezing?
Keep troubleshooting simple. Have someone else run Speedtest.net on their computer or phone to ensure your internet service is working correctly. If your service is exemplary, try your internet adaptor on another computer.