Here we can see “How to Play PS4 Games on Your Android Remotely”
A while back, Sony released a remote play for the PlayStation 4. With this, PS4 owners were ready to stream their PlayStation 4 games from their PS4 to a spread of other devices, including Sony’s range of Xperia handsets. However, if you don’t own an Xperia device, with a touch of help from a free hack, you’ll play PS4 games on your Android remotely.
What’s great about this hack is that it doesn’t require root access. Although if you’d wish to connect your DualShock 4 controller to your Android device via Bluetooth, root access are going to be required.
Below, the wants for this hack are listed.
- XDA Developers Remote Play App
- The android device on 4.2 or Above
- For Bluetooth – Sixaxis app and Root access
- For USB – USB OTG Cable (Costs a couple of dollars on Amazon)
Step 1 – Setup PS4 for Remote Play
- The first step is to line up remote play on your PlayStation 4. to try to to this, we’d suggest taking a read through the PlayStation 4 setup guide from Sony. You’ll first get to prepare your PS4 for a first-time setup.
- First, navigate to the function area at the highest of the PS4 UI. Next, select settings and navigate to the Remote Play Connection Settings option.
- Next, check the ‘Enable Remote Play’ checkbox. Now, return to the settings menu and find ‘PlayStation Network/Account management.’ On the subsequent page, prefer to activate this console as your primary PS4.
Step 2 – Setup Remote Play app
- The next step is certainly the major important component of this guide. We’ll be using the Twisted89 Remote Play application, which is out there for download on MEGA here. We’d recommend downloading the .apk file straight from your smartphone.
- This application is a tweaked version of the Xperia app unlocked to support all Android devices on update 4.2 or higher. Once you’ve downloaded the appliance, visit the settings menu within your Android device, tap the safety option, and check the ‘Allow unknown sources’ checkbox.
- Next, bring down the notification bar and tap the downloaded .apk file. You’ll now install it from here.
- Once your application has been downloaded, you’ll get to choose a way for fixing your DualShock 4 controller below before you’ll use the app.
Step 3 – Setup Controls
There are two methods for using your DualShock 4 controller with the Twisted89 Remote Play app. the primary option uses Bluetooth and is out there for those that don’t have a USB OTG cable available or don’t want to attend for one to arrive via online delivery. The downside to the present method is that it does require root access, and therefore the setup process requires you to map buttons manually.
Method 1 (Root Access) – Sixaxis
- For method 1, download and install the Sixaxis controller app from the Google Play Store. Once within the application, follow the instructions provided within the app to line up your controller. to start setup, tap the ‘start’ button.
- Tap the three-dot menu at the highest right of the UI and tap preferences. Here, tap Gamepad settings and choose ‘Enable Gamepad.’ within the edit mappings section, map Triangle to Y, Square to X, Circle to B, and Cross to A.
- Next, open the Remote Play app. A pop-up prompt will appear – click Skip. You’ll now undergo the in-app setup process for connecting your PSN account.
Method 2 (No root) – USB OTG
- If you do not have root access, you’ll prefer to purchase a USB OTG cable from the web and use the tactic below instead. This method is simpler to set up, and therefore the UTB OTG cable are often purchased for just a couple of dollars online.
- Once you’ve got the USB OTG cable, connect the mini-USB side to your smartphone, then connect the quality USB side to your DualShock 4 controller. If everything is functioning properly, you should now be ready to navigate your Android UI with the controller.
- Next, open the Remote Play app. A pop-up prompt will appear – click Register, then press the PS button on your controller. Another prompt will appear that asks for accept USB permissions – confirm you permit this. If you chose to use the Sixaxis app, you’d press Skip rather than Register.
- You should now be ready to undergo the setup stage and play your PS4 games remotely.
- Remote play is live on the Play Store for all android
4.6m members in the PS4 community. The largest PlayStation 4 community on the internet. Your hub for everything related to …
- How to use PS4 remote play on a Android phone
I know there is an official app for ios devices. But what about Android devices!? Are there any unofficial apps to make it work on Android? Thanks!
- PS4 Remote Play App for All Android Now Available
Damn left my tablet at home. Can anyone confirm if it works with wired dual shock or generic game pad.
- Remote Play now working on all Android 4.2 devices
No need to Root, just got it working on my unrooted Note 2 on 4.3. http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/ps4-remote-play-t2929147.
- Remote Play on Android: Possible over Internet?: PS4 – Reddit
I just learned there’s an Android remote play app. Is it possible to remote play via internet? My wife has a PS4 and works a security job, I want to …