Here we can see “How to Install Chrome OS on a Laptop”
Chrome OS may be a Linux-based OS designed and owned by Google. It’s a lightweight OS that will potentially replace the more traditional Windows and Mac OS. albeit everything inside the Chrome OS runs on a browser, Chromebooks released after 2017 has access to the Google Play Store. The OS are often a lifesaver for your old PC/Laptop. During this guide, we’ll show you ways to put Chrome OS on a laptop.
Before we proceed, it should be noted that Chrome OS can’t be installed on anything aside from Chromebooks. But you’ll always install a near-identical alternative, the CloudReady OS. It’s built on top of Chromium OS, a bit like the Chrome OS is.
Steps to put in Chrome OS on a Laptop
Download CloudReady OS
We’ll be installing CloudReady OS rather than Chrome OS. This is because CloudReady OS are often installed on any machine. But we’d like to download it first (don’t we?). So head over to the official website to download CloudReady OS.
- Click on start.
- Scroll down and click on EXPLORE CLOUDREADY EDITIONS & PRICINGS.
- Click on INSTALL NOW under the house Edition.
- Click on INSTALL the house EDITION on the new page.
- Now here is where things get complicated. You’ll either prefer to download an installer or an image(ISO) file.
- If you’ve got access to a Windows machine, we recommend that you accompany the DOWNLOAD USB MAKER. This method is employed to make a bootable USB from within Windows, and it’ll work on any device (PC/Mac).
- If you own a Mac or want to use it on a virtual machine, accompany DOWNLOAD 64-BIT IMAGE.
Create Bootable USB from Windows
Creating a bootable USB is straightforward if you went with DOWNLOAD USB MAKER.
- Open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Make sure the USB Stick features a minimum of 8GB available space.
- Try not to use a SanDisk USB drive, as CloudReady doesn’t recommend that.
Create Bootable USB from Mac
You are creating a bootable USB by following these steps if you went with DOWNLOAD 64-BIT IMAGE. Also, confirm you’ve got Chrome installed on your Mac/PC.
- Add the Chromebook Recovery Utility extension to your Chrome browser.
- Open the Chromebook Recovery Utility. Next, click on Settings at the top-right corner and choose to Use Local Image.
- Locate the cloudreadyXXXX.bin.zip enter the Downloads folder. Connect the USB device and choose the corresponding drive on the screen. Click on Continue and await the method to finish.
Once all that’s done, let’s proceed with the installation.
Steps to put in Chrome OS on Laptop PC/Mac
Installation is nearly similar for a PC and Mac. However, we’d like else from the USB to put in Chrome OS on the machine. We want to enter the BIOS, and it’ll vary from brand to brand (or model to model).
- Connect the USB containing the installation files and switch on the machine.
- Hit the Esc key followed by F9 else from the USB. (For the case of a contemporary HP Laptop). If you’re employing a Mac, press and hold the choice key and choose the USB drive using the arrow keys or the mouse.
- The welcome screen will crop up. Next, you’ll click on. Finally, let’s go > to run CloudReady OS without installing it. This is often a recommended step before proceeding with the installation.
- Click on the clock at the bottom-right corner and choose Install OS to start the installation.
- Tap on INSTALL CLOUDREADY OS
- Click ERASE disk drive & INSTALL CLOUD READY
Note: this may erase everything on your disk drive. Proceed with caution. Also, note that CloudReady doesn’t support dual boot.
The installation will take a while to finish. If everything goes right, the system will restart. Then remove the USB drive and follow the on-screen instruction to line up the new OS.
Install ChromeOS on laptop personal computer employing a Virtual Machine
Creating a virtual machine is usually a simple idea. Because it doesn’t cause any harm to your existing OS. We will create a VM for CloulReady OS in the equivalent way we do for any Linux-based OS . to try to follow these steps.
- Download and install VMware.
- Open VMware Workstation and begin by creating a replacement virtual machine.
- Select Custom (advanced) and set the hardware for the VM.
- Selecting ESXi 6.5 is suggested to maximize compatibility.
- Please select I will be able to install an OS later.
- Choose a guest OS sort of Linux, and choose the Version Other Linux 4.x or later kernel 64-bit.
- Configure the number of processors and cores (2 processors and a couple of cores is recommended).
- Allocate a minimum of 2GB RAM and make a virtual disk with a maximum of 16GB Storage.
- Review your settings and click on finish.
- Right-click on the VM and choose Settings. Make the subsequent changes.
- USB compatibility to USB 3.0 under the USB controller. Also, enable Accelerate 3d graphics under Display.
- Go to Options > Advanced and alter the Firmware type to UEFI. Without this, CloudReady VM will only boot in UEFI.
- Right-click the VM and choose Power>Power on to firmware.
- When the VM starts, attend VM>Removable Devices>[name of USB]>Connect (disconnect from the host) to connect the bootable USB to your VM.
- You can now install CloudReady OS on the VM as you’d on a PC.
Now that was one lengthy guide. We hope you found this useful. Reach us through the comments if you would like any longer assistance.
- Install Chrome OS On Your Laptop / PC Access
341k members in the chromeos community. Discussions related to Chromebooks and everything else Chrome OS.
- How to install Chrome OS on a normal windows PC
342k members in the chromeos community. Discussions related to Chromebooks and everything else Chrome OS.
- install ChromeOS on laptop – Reddit
What you’re going to be installing is Chromium OS, which is the open-source version of Chrome OS. Installation instructions here.
- How can i install Chrome OS on my Laptops
How can i install Chrome OS on my Laptops/Computers? Troubleshooting. and is it free? xD.
- Trying to install chrome OS to windows laptop
Trying to install chrome OS to windows laptop. Chromium / CloudReady. Pretty much just posting this so I can get the bot to autorespond so I can find that …