Here we can see, “How to Easily Subnet Your Network”
What is Subnetting?
The subnetwork is a large network separated into smaller networks called subnets. A subnet IP address is supplied, as is a broadcast address within the network. Simply put, IP addresses distinguish between subnet and broadcast addresses.
Why Use Subnet?
Subnetting is beneficial for the following reasons:
- Administration: Managing a large network can be tough at times. Subnets come in handy in such situations since they allow you to manage a vast network more easily.
- Divide a huge network into subnets to improve network performance.
- A more secure network You can better control a huge network by separating it into subnets. And which IP has access to what.
One thing is required to subnet your network –
To cover the Advanced Subnet Calculator tool produced by SolarWinds, make sure you download and install it on your machine.
How to Subnet your Network
After installing the Advanced Subnet Calculator software, you can subnet your network as follows:
- Open Advanced Subnet Calculator from the Start Menu.
- Go to Classful Subnet Calculator.
- Now input the IP address of the network you want to subnet. Let’s use 192.168.10.2.
- Then select the number of subnets you want to create. For the piece, we’ll pick 16.
- You can also alter the subnet size. We chose 14.
- Then click Generate Subnets.
- You will be given the number of subnets you selected.
- It offers you the first and final valid host addresses under Host Range.
- The subnet’s broadcast address follows it.
- Subnet contains the subnet’s network ID.
- To copy the subnet addresses, click ‘Copy Subnets.’
- To export the addresses to an Excel or other File, go to File, Export, or click the Export icon.
That’s pretty much it. Your network is down.
Does subnetting speed up a network?
This will speed up your network. Subnetting keeps traffic inside a subnet, reducing congestion. Reduced traffic inside each subnet increases subnet speed, reducing network congestion.
What is a subnet?
- Alternatively, use cmd in the Windows search fields.
- Enter ipconfig/all
- Your network settings
- The IP address, Subnet Mask, and Gateway of your PC will be listed.
How many subnets?
Use the formula 2n to find the number of potential subnets. If three host bits are borrowed, then n=3. 23 = 8, hence eight subnets are possible.
Helpful for huge networks?
Subnetting organizes and speeds up big networks by separating traffic. When you subnet your network, you ensure that traffic to a certain device stays within that subnet. This will reduce network congestion.
WHY IS SUBNECTING REQUI
Because IP addresses may only specify the network and device address, they cannot specify the subnet to which an IP packet should be sent. Routers use a subnet mask to sort data into subnetworks.