Here we can see, “How to Disable the ‘Microsoft Edge is Being Used for Sharing’ Popup”
When closing the Edge browser in Windows 10, the ‘Microsoft edge is being used for sharing’ popup shows. Most impacted users say that this warning notice appears every time they close Edge.
Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing’ errors:
This warning appears due to a Microsoft Edge bug that makes the browser assumes it’s always sharing stuff. This causes a recurrent issue every time the user closes the browser.
If you have the same problem, you can either update the Microsoft hotfix (through Windows Updates) or close the Microsoft Edge task whenever this error occurs (temporary fix).
Method 1: Install every Windows Update
As multiple afflicted customers have confirmed, this issue is caused by a well-known Windows 10 bug that has existed for almost two years. Microsoft has published a hotfix that disables the sharing functionality from producing warning messages when it is not in use.
Because the hotfix is part of an Important Windows update, you’ll need to apply all pending updates and update your OS to make use of it.
Here’s how to install every upcoming Windows 10 update:
- To run a programme, hit Windows + R. Press Enter to launch the Windows Update tab of the Settings app.
- When you get to the Windows update screen, click Check for updates on the right-hand side to start the scan. Follow the on-screen instructions to begin installing the pending updates. Do so till you update your Windows 10 build.
- After installing all pending updates, restart your computer and open and close Microsoft Edge to verify if the issue is fixed.
If the error notice persists, proceed to the next possible repair below.
Method 2: Close Microsoft Edge using Task Manager
As stated previously, this issue is caused by a Microsoft bug that was fixed months ago. If you don’t want to install the pending updates (for whatever reason), there is another way to eliminate the annoying pop-up warning in Edge.
Several Windows 10 users who were always getting the ‘Microsoft edge is being utilised for sharing’ problem message have claimed they have found a fix. Sadly, the repair is only temporary, and the error will reappear upon restart.
If you apply this update, you won’t get the error message again, and you won’t lose any opened tabs.
Here’s how to kill the ‘Microsoft Edge is being used for sharing’ popup through Task Manager:
- When the issue message appears in Microsoft Edge, hit Ctrl + Shift + Esc to launch Task Manager.
- Once in Task Manager, choose the Processes tab from the horizontal menu at the top.
- Scroll through the list of active processes to find Microsoft Edge.
- When you find the Microsoft Edge entry, right-click it and select End Task from the context menu.
- After that, Microsoft Edge will close itself. It will typically reopen with all previously opened tabs intact. After that, you should no longer get the ‘Microsoft edge is being utilised for sharing’ problem.
How can I disable Edge sharing?
- Restart Edge.
- Up top is the Share button.
- Cliquez sur l’icône de
- Select Customize toolbar.
- Then disable the Show Share Button toggle.
- Restart Edge again.
hacked Microsoft Edge
Windows 10 introduced a new browser named Microsoft Edge, which people generally like. Unfortunately, a fraudulent website has hijacked Microsoft Edge for some users. While this may appear to be a huge security issue, it is quickly resolved.
Do Microsoft Edge cookies?
Services. Microsoft Edge employs web services to enhance browsing. Achievable with the help of Microsoft. If you don’t like it, you can stop it: deactivate all options in the Services pane.
What is Edge sharing?
Microsoft Edge’s sharing function makes it simple to share web content via email, social media, and other apps and services.
Sécurité de Microsoft Edge
On Windows 10, Microsoft Edge is more secure than Google Chrome. It includes excellent built-in anti-phishing and anti-malware defences and native hardware isolation support for Windows 10—no additional software is required.