Here we can see, “How To Create A New Firefox Profile Step By Step”
A “profile” is where Firefox saves your preferences, bookmarks, cookies, extensions, themes, and other personal information. Each user can build their profile, complete with their data and preferences. This article explains how to create, rename, and delete profiles using the Firefox Profile Manager.
This article is for Windows users only. The reference webpage provided below might provide information for Mac and Linux users. Before you begin, make sure Firefox is closed.
- Click “Run” from the Start Menu (or use the Vista search box).
- Hit “Enter” after typing “firefox.exe -p.“
- “Create Profile” is selected, and then “Next” is selected. For your profile, could you give it a name?
- To complete your new profile, click “Finish.”
- The “Import Settings” and “Data Wizard” will show when you click “Start Firefox.”
- By selecting a profile and clicking “Rename Profile,” you can rename it.
- Click “Delete Profile” to delete a profile. If you want to delete the files in your profile folder, you’ll be asked. If you want to keep these files, choose “Don’t Delete Files.”
How do I create a new Firefox profile?
To load about:profiles in Firefox:
- Please type or paste it into the URL bar and hit Enter/Return.
- Click Next after selecting “Create a New Profile.”
- Give the folder a name, skip the option to move the profile folder, and click the Finish button.
What is the procedure for resetting my Firefox profile?
- On your Mac or PC, launch Firefox.
- To get help with Firefox, go to this page.
- Select “Refresh Firefox” from the drop-down menu.
- When prompted, select “Refresh Firefox” once again.
What is the procedure for deleting a Firefox profile?
- Close any Firefox browsers that are open.
- Toggle on the Profile Manager tab in Firefox. On the Windows operating system. Select Run from the Windows Start menu.
- Choose the DB2 FIRSTSTEPS profile from the drop-down menu.
- Select Delete Profile from the drop-down menu.
- To exit the Firefox: Choose User Profile dialogue, click Exit.
What is the best way to start my Firefox profile?
When you run Firefox, you can use either -P “profile name” or -profile “profile path.” This is accomplished by attaching the command line option to the end of your Firefox desktop shortcut (since I assume you aren’t using the Windows Command Prompt to open Firefox).
What is the best way to run two Firefox profiles at the same time?
To move between profiles, you must close and relaunch your browser. However, Firefox can run many profiles simultaneously with a slight change to the shortcut you use to launch it. You must open Firefox with the -no-remote command-line option to enable several Firefox profiles at once.