Here we can see “How to Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10”
You can clear your Recent Files on a Windows 10 computer by going into your “Change folder and search options” menu.
Your Quick Access folder won’t show anything under the Recent Files tab until you open something new when you’re finished.
Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
How to clear your Recent Files in Windows 10
1. Open File Explorer on your computer. It should be a picture of a folder pinned to your taskbar, but if it is not pinned, you’ll open any folder to access it.
2. At the top-left of your File Explorer window, click “File,” then click “Change folder and search options.”
3. Under “Privacy” within the General tab of the pop-up window that appears, click the “Clear” button to right away clear all of your Recent Files, then click “OK.”
There is no confirmation panel — your files should be cleared immediately.
- How do you delete the “Search Quick Access” bar history in
How do you delete the “Search Quick Access” bar history in File Explorer (Windows 10). ✓ Solved. Something that’s been bugging me for quite a long time and …
- Unable to Delete Search History: Windows10 – Reddit
Today, I searched for a file in File Explorer and noticed that every time I try typing something in the search field, that old file name …
- Remove recent open files from all programs: Windows10
Is there a way to remove the “history” of open files from all programs (Microsoft Photos, VLC, Word, etc). Like we can remove the recent open …
- [Rant] Window’s 10 File Explorer is Really Stupid: Windows10
I was cleaning out my downloads folder when I accidentally deleted some useful files. No biggie right? Just ctrl+z to undo delete. Yeah, mash it a few time to …
- Is there a way to remove the bloat from Windows Explorer
Folder Options > Open file explorer to “This PC”. Folder Options > Clear “Show […] Quick Access” x2. Right click anything still under …