Here we can see “Error 50 DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /online option”
This tutorial contains instructions to resolve the following error when running the DISM command “Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth” from the Windows Recovery Environment: “Error 50, DISM doesn’t support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option”.
The above error occurs because, in WinRE, the OS isn’t running. The/Online switch is useless in this case. The/Online switch in the DISM tool specifies that the action is to be taken on the currently running OS.
HOW TO FIX: ERROR 50 DISM doesn’t SUPPORT SERVICING WINDOWS PE WITH THE /ONLINE OPTION. (WINDOWS 10)
1. After booting your computer from the Windows 10 installation media, press SHIFT + F10 keys at the primary install screen to launch prompt.
2. Inside the WinRE prompt window, get an inventory of all available drives by giving this command:
- wmic logicaldisk get name
3. Then determine which drive contains the “Windows” folder by typing this command: *
- dir drive-letter:
*, e.g., to ascertain the contents of the C: drive, type: “dir C:” (without quotes). If you can’t see the “Windows” folder on the C: drive, then still ensuing drive (e.g. “dir D:” “dir E:” etc.) until you see the “Windows” folder.
[As you’ll see in the screenshot below, the Windows folder (in this case) is found at the D: drive.]
4. Once you discover the “Windows” drive (e.g., the “D” during this example), give this command to repair the offline Windows image:
- dism.exe /Image:D:\ /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth
1. Where D = the Windows drive. (Change it according to your situation)
2. there’s space between \ / (“…/Image:D:\ /Cleanup-Image…”)
3. If after executing the above command, you receive the “Error 0x800f081f: The source files couldn’t be found”, then perform a repair upgrade. to try to to that: **
a. Boot from the Windows 10 installation media.
b. At Windows Setup wizard, press ‘Next’ then click ‘Install Now.
c. Accept the ‘License agreement.’
d. When asked, select Upgrade: Install Windows and keep files, settings, and applications.
** If you are ready to start your Windows 10 in Safe Mode with networking, then run the subsequent command (in Admin Command Prompt):
- DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
5. When the DISM operation is completed, give the subsequent SFC command to finish the repairs. *
- SFC /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=D:\ /OFFWINDIR=D:\Windows
6. When the operation is completed, reboot your computer.
- [Fix] DISM Error 50 “DISM does not support servicing Windows
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool. Version: 10.0.16299.15Error: 50. DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option.
- Stuck in a startup repair loop. Cannot boot windows
I then tried to use the dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, and it gives me error 50 saying “dism does not support servicing windows …
- Stuck on Windows Recovery Environment
Normally, it will give me error 50 and say that “DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option”.
- Computer Peripherals Stopped Working: techsupport – Reddit
Error 50: DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option. Does anyone have any advice on what to do next?
- 2 clean installs and the problem is always coming
Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.14342.1000 Error: 50 DISM does not support servicing Windows PE with the /Online option.