Here we can see, “Edge Over Taken by softwareupdateproduct.com”
Edge Clear Browsing Data ( Method 1)
1. You must indirectly open Edge.
When you open it normally, the BSOD will appear once more.
2. Let’s say you receive an email with a link that you click to open a website in Edge.
(Keep in mind that this method requires Edge to be your default browser; if this isn’t the case, try the second method and skip the next steps.)
3. When the browser window opens, you should see two tabs: one for the offending website and the other for the website you attempted to access via the link.
4. Now, on the top right-hand side of your browser window, click the “…” button.
5. Select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
6. Go to the section “Clear browser data” and look for it. Could you select the button to the right of it?
7. Restart Edge and check if the problem persists.
Via Command Prompt ( Method 2 )
- To bring up the menu above the start button, press “Windows key + X.”
- Select “Command prompt (Admin)” from the drop-down menu.
- Type the following command in the terminal: Press enter to open Microsoft-edge: http://www.microsoft.com.
- MS Edge should now open with the offending tab to the left of your screen.
- To close the cross button, click it, repeat steps 2 and 3 from the method above.
I hope you found this helpful guide. If you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the form below.