Here we can see “Disable Password After Sleep/Wake”
How do I buy Windows to prevent asking me to log in after waking from sleep?
Method 1: Disable Windows 10 Require Sign-in on Wakeup from Settings
- Open the Settings app by clicking its icon in the Start menu or pressing the Windows logo + I keyboard shortcut.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click Sign-in options within the left side, then select Never for the “Require sign-in” option if you would like to prevent Windows 10 from posing for the password after it wakes up from sleep.
Method 2: Disable Windows 10 Require Sign-in on Wakeup Using Group Policy
- Press Windows Key + R combination, type gpedit.msc within the Run panel and hit Enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor
- In the left pane, navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Power Management > Sleep Settings.
- In the right pane, you’ll see two policies labelled “Require a Password when the pc wakes (plugged in)” and “Require a Password when the pc wakes (on battery)“. Double-click on them to switch and set the policies to Disabled.
- Reboot your computer for the policies to require effect. For example, windows 10 should never require a subsequent password time your PC wakes up from sleep.
- any way to disable sign in after wake from sleep
So do you have a password. If not. You will need to set one, change option, then remove password.
- Sign in after sleep, how to disable?: Windows10
Settings I’ve checked: Power Options. There is supposed to be a setting in there that others see for requiring a password after wake. I don’t …
- Require login when waking from sleep: windows
is set to “When PC wakes up from sleep”) but when I wake the PC, it goes straight to my desktop with no sign in. Has anyone else encountered this, …
- No Password On Startup or Wake???: Windows10
I’ve been trying to figure how to disable the password required on startup AND when the computer wakes up if left idol.
- How do I stop windows 10 from asking for a password
Why then does windows still ask for a password when waking up from sleep after it has been sleeping for more than a few minutes?