Here we can see “Canon Scan won’t work after Upgrading to Windows 10”
Repairing Corrupted System Files (Solution 1)
- To open the run box, hold down the Windows logo and press the R key simultaneously.
- Click the OK button after typing cmd.
- Type sfc /scannow into Command Prompt and hit Enter. It will take several minutes for the verification to be completed 100 percent.
Configure Related Services (Solution 2)
- Press the R key while holding down the Windows logo. There will be a Run dialogue box that appears.
- In the run box, type services.msc and press the OK button.
- Shell Hardware Detection can be found in the Name list. Select Properties from the context menu by right-clicking on it.
- If “Service status” is set to Stop, click the Start and OK buttons. The service will then resume.
Update Your Scanner’s Driver (solution 3)
- Software should be downloaded and installed.
- Start the software and select Scan Now. After that, the software will scan your computer for any problematic drivers.
- To automatically download and install the correct version of a flagged scanner driver, click the Update button next to it.
Alternatively, you can click Update All to have all the missing or out-of-date drivers on your system automatically downloaded and installed.
I hope you found this helpful guide. If you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to use the form below.
1. Why isn’t my scanner working now that Windows 10 has been updated?
The scanner will not scan correctly if the scanner driver is malfunctioning. As a result, updating the driver may solve the issue. To get the latest Windows 10 driver, go to the manufacturer’s website for your scanner. In this case, use the Windows 7 or Windows 8 driver, as it is always compatible with Windows 10.
2. What is the best way to get my Canon scanner to work with Windows 10?
- Use the following button or go to Start > Settings > Devices > Printers & Scanners. Select Printers & Scanners from the drop-down menu.
- Add a printer or scanner by selecting Add a printer or scanner. Please wait for it to locate nearby scanners before choosing the one you want to use and selecting Add device.
3. How do I resolve print and scan issues after upgrading to Windows 10?
After a Windows 10 update or upgrade, are you unable to print or scan? If this is the case, make sure Windows has been restarted at least once. To restart, go to the lower-left Start button and select Restart from the menu. If the issue persists, check to see if your printer is Windows 10 compatible.
4. Is a Canon scanner compatible with Windows 10?
Although Canon will not release drivers for these products to support Windows 10, the Windows 7 or Windows 8 drivers should work in the new Windows 10 environment with some limitations that Canon is unaware of at this time.
5. How do I get my scanner to work again in Windows 10?
- Microsoft’s Sensor Troubleshooter is available for download.
- To open the SensorDiagnosticTablet.diagcab file, double-click it.
- To run the Troubleshooter, click Next.
- Until the end, follow the on-screen instructions.